Friday, June 19, 2009


Not much thrift shopping to be done in our town. Mostly Goodwill and Salvation Army, but I hit the jackpot today! Someone had told me to try the Goodwill on the other side of town....good idea!
It had so much more than the one that is nearer me! I had to force myself to leave! What did I get?And what did I spend? $11 is the answer to the second question....and what I got? Top left is a Martha Stewart dish towel(now I know why folks like them...they are huge) and next to it, another dish towel. I am going to make my daughter-in-law an apron with the MS and I am thinking of adding a pocket of the other one...the greens are exactly the same! Next up, in front of MS is a baby sized quilt that really needs some help but the blocks are put together well, the backing not so much. I figure I can remove the backing, add batting and then try my hand at machine quilting. Since it was only $1.99 I can't go wrong!In the center is 4 1/2 yards of some chintz(how old is it? The label was from Zayre's...how long ago was that?) How often can you get that much fabric for $1.99? Next to it is the blue fabric that was sold as a sheet. Actually it is a piece of Cranston fabric that someone hemmed so all I have to do is cut off the hemming and I have a huge piece of fabric for practically no money....the kind I like! Down in front are three pillow cases...boy, can you tell the center one is from the 70's? But the two on the left go with the vintage pieces I won so now I have quite a collection. Just need to find the time to make something! So what do you think of my finds! (Click on photo to see it bigger)I am really happy....and I forgot! I also bought a plastic bag with those looms that you weave pot holders with...not too much of the loops but I can get them. Now my granddaughter just has to get a bit older! So all in all, it was a quite successful day!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a find. This is beautiful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Thrift Shopping! Isn't it weird how some shops always have good stuff and others are hit and miss?

    Looks like you really did good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a girl after my own heart. I do much of my shopping at thrift shops but I never seem to find nice fabric like that around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great blog. I'd love for you to come and visit my blog. I just made a Vintage Vogue Original 1944 Design, V2858. On the previous page you'll find a dress I made from an original 1974 pattern that I found in an antique store. I call that post The Lady in Lavender. And lots of other things in between. Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete