Thursday, January 28, 2016

Hexie potholders....they are just like potato chips!!!!!!

 Well, they are...I bet you can't make just one!!!! I had downloaded this pattern a long time ago but recently Caroline of sewshecan revised it and I decided to try it out. One of my New Year's Resolutions is that I am trying not to buy any fabric unless absolutely necessary, so I dug through my stacks and stacks of fabric and came up with this.
Bright and fun!
 This was such a fun project that I couldn't stop at one(see just like potato chips!) I decided to make a set for my daughter-in-law for her birthday. Here is what I can up with.....


I decided on strawberries for the center and lots of bright colors to surround them.
And here is where I admit to my boo boo! Note the hexi on the left...no ribbon to hang the potholder with! OK then...how about a trivet...making lemonade out of a lemon!  When I finished the potholders, I decided  they needed a dish towel or two! I found Amanda Jean's(crazy mom quilts) fantastic pattern for a simple patchwork dish towel tutorial. A quick and easy way to make a striking dish towel. Now I have matching pot holders and dish towels for my birthday gift!




I have also been working on my blocks for the Shiny Happy House quilt club. Here are my first four blocks.

My first house

Starry, starry night

Starry, starry night at Christmas!

A facsimile of my house
Interested in joining our little group? Check us out at Wendi's Shiny Happy People. It is really fun, so why not come and join in.

10 comments:

  1. So lovely and bright potholders. Great inspiration for this weekend, thank you. We're waiting for a hurricane today, so I'm not sure we'll have the electricity to use the sewing machine. Nice houses, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the potholders. I don't hang them on my wall so I wouldn't miss the ribbon at all. I'll need to try some of these, really cute. Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your houses are terrific, best I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see how the potholders could become addictive! The house blocks are so cute, especially the one you made to resemble yours. Visiting from Show Off Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bright, springy potholders! These look like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your potholders! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your gift and the quilt blocks are awesome! That quilt will be sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty potholders and tea towels too! I started making some Hexies Fall 2015, but liked them so much, decided they need to be a quilt! They are now in my WIP pile. Cute house blocks too!

    ReplyDelete