Friday, June 3, 2016

Just a Little Stitching!

Not too much sewing going on this week. I have been packing and sorting fabric getting ready for my move to Mississippi. I found some long forgotten fabric that I just had to use to make  a few clutches. When I saw Fabric Mutt's Spectrum Clutch, I really  had to try it! BUT I didn't do the 12 strips she did...I used one solid piece of fabric that I had saved for something special! It is called Postcards from I Dream of Paris for Windham Fabrics. I had some tan linen that I used for the "frame" and back of  the clutch. For the lining, I used  fabric from Joann's called Gravel Tan...looks like a sandy beach! I added a leather strip to the zipper pull to finish the clutch off.

Here we are in Paris.....

......with a beachy interior.


I also decided to use some leftover Matrioshka dolls fabric with denim for the main part of a second clutch. It was a fun, quick sew which is all I have time for right now!  I really like both clutches but 
I can't wait to make one of Heidi's with the 12 strips...that looks so great!

Love my little Russian dolls!

Happy, cheery lining!
I'm not sure how much sewing I will get done in the weeks coming up but if I get the "itch" to sew, I will have several different small items to stitch up because as I am packing, I am still making up "grab and stitch" ziplocks as I get ready for the big move. Hope you have a great week.


3 comments:

  1. It would be hard to pack up the sewing supplies. Glad that you have some smaller projects set aside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! You have a lovely blog and I love your profile pic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome article a debt of gratitude is in order for sharing this useful data. I will visit your web journal consistently for some most recent post.
    king size pillowcases

    ReplyDelete